BrainPad status update

You are mixing things. TinyCLR firmware and MakeCode are 2 complete different things. I2C wires fine in TinyCLR. To use TinyCLR, use the Go Beyond instructions. The firmware is below (keep the loader you recently loaded)

http://files.ghielectronics.com/downloads/BrainPad/Firmwares/TinyCLR/BrainPad%20Firmware%20v0.11.0.uf2

3 Likes

In http://docs.brainpad.com/resources/downloads.html#tinyclr-os-brainpad-firmware, v0.11.0.uf2 doesn’t appear (As TinyClr is just out, I think all docs aren’t up to date.)

1 Like

Correct. We will be updating the BrainPad docs this week, which is why I gave your direct link to the download… You are very special :wink:

2 Likes

My brainpad can count ! Yes ! So I can confirm I2C works great in TinyClr.

Many thanks !

2 Likes

Hello Gus,
Yesterday, I read your exchanges with my colleague Bauland and tested MakeCode and TinyCLR on BrainPad. I succeeded with v0.10.0. Today, I read in detail the Go Beyond documentation (Introduction, Setup and C #). It’s very clear and educational. v0.11.0 is in the box. :sunglasses: Thanks for the efforts of the GHI team. You stay my favorite company…:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Glad to hear. We are not yet working on the curriculum and tutorials and other teaching materials. We need everyone help if interested.

1 Like

If I can help, it will be with pleasure but my English is not very good.:disappointed_relieved:

All teachers need a BrainPad but not all teachers speak English. You can help in your language :wink:

1 Like

I planned to write a tutorial in French. Some ideas to come …:wink:

2 Likes

This may be of interest to you MNO. Especially as we build more and more projects in Microsoft MakeCode.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information. I created an account on Crowding and asked to join the Microsoft MakeCode translators team…:smile:

4 Likes

This has been fixed on the beta site.

makecode.brainpad.com/beta

forever(function () {
    if (input.buttonU.wasPressed()) {
        lightbulb.setColor(0x00ff00)
        display.showString("Hello world", 1)
    } else {
        lightbulb.setColor(0xff0000)
        display.showString("Hello world", 3)
    }
    pause(1000)
})
2 Likes

@Greg_Norris: Display is fixed but accel events don’t work (accelerometer tutorial):

input.onGesture(Gesture.TiltUp, function () {
    lightbulb.setColor(0xff0000)
})
input.onGesture(Gesture.TiltDown, function () {
    lightbulb.setColor(0x0000ff)
})