WIND: ConfigurationFailure 10 for FEZ: SPWF04SA Wi-Fi Module

After updating the SPWF04SA Wi-Fi Module firmware (as per http://docs.ghielectronics.com/hardware/components/spwf04sa.html) and running @John_Brochue’s sample WiFi.cs (WiFi.cs · GitHub) I get the following:

WIND: ConfigurationFailure 10
WIND: PowerOn 171117-0328fe3-SPWF04S
WIND: Copyright SPWF04SA
WIND: FactoryReset 1
WIND: WatchdogRunning 20
WIND: ConsoleActive 
WIND: WiFiHardwareStarted 
WIND: WiFiScanning 
WIND: WiFiScan 00

I cannot find any information on “WIND: ConfigurationFailure 10” other than the ST user manual’s (UM2114) description:

(Does not Halt) Shown when HW pull-up resistor has no match with enabled interface

Does anyone know what this maybe indicating? I assume because it doesn’t Halt that it is not overly critical. Could it be a residual “error” because GPIO(9) is pulled high but the firmware was updated with the UART interface?
Thanks.

It’s an open issue on our list to investigate, but it has not prevented proper functioning of the device in our tests.

@John_Brochue thank you.

Because default is UART (console_enabled = 1 ) and we forced to SPI by GPIO9 interrupt / mode pin.

This error doesn’t effect anything if you don’t want to see it, just write console_enabled = 0 to enable default is SPI,

Remember to save it then.

@Dat_Tran thank you.

References:

I have added the following to SPWF04SxInterface.cs and set the default console to SPI. WIND: ConfigurationFailure 10 is no longer occurring.

public string ReadConsole()
        {
            var res = "";

this.ReadConfiguration("console_enabled", cmd => {
                res = cmd.ReadString();
                cmd.ReadBuffer();
            });

return res.Split('=')[1].TrimEnd('\r', '\n');
        }

public void SetConsoleSPI()
        {
            var cmd = this.GetCommand()
                          .AddParameter("console_enabled")
                          .AddParameter("0")
                          .Finalize(SPWF04SxCommandIds.SCFG);

this.EnqueueCommand(cmd);
            cmd.ReadBuffer();
            this.FinishCommand(cmd);
        }

public void SaveConfiguration()
        {
            var cmd = this.GetCommand()
                          .Finalize(SPWF04SxCommandIds.WCFG);

this.EnqueueCommand(cmd);
            cmd.ReadBuffer();
            this.FinishCommand(cmd);
        }

All was looking good, but closer inspection shows that the WIND: ConfigurationFailure 10 returns after a power cycle. A check also shows the SSID is also resets to default. I assumed that after writing the configuration to flash (WCFG) it would become the power on default. Checking GP0, it remains low during power on so no forced Factory Reset. Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Which property are you reading to see the SSID?

@John_Brochue, I am reading the “wifi_ssid” configuration variable as per the snippet below.

public string ReadSSID()
        {
            var res = "";

this.ReadConfiguration("wifi_ssid", cmd => {
                res = cmd.ReadString();
                cmd.ReadBuffer();
            });

return res.Split('=')[1].TrimEnd('\r', '\n');
        }

On power up you see: “53:54:54:65:73:74:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00”, which is the default as per en.DM00329655.pdf (UM2114 User manual). Once you have run your “JoinNetwork” which includes saving configuration to flash the “ReadSSID” returns the saved SSID after any non power cycle reset. After a power cycle reset it reverts back to the default as per en.DM00329655.pdf (UM2114 User manual). This is the same as what I have seen for updating the configuration to default to SPI.

Not a major issue, just means that you cannot assume prior settings after a power cycle.
Thanks.