Use Mouse class with Cerbuino Bee

Is it possible to use the Mouse class with the Cerbuino Bee to emulate a mouse with the debug (client) port?

I need to be able to simulate a mouse plugged into a device but just send no position changes, ie, 0,0

I’ve included the code below and using a GPIO pin to select this, it doesn’t appear to work. In fact, it seems to bomb out with some exception when I call Controller.ActiveDevice = mouse; as the rest of my code stops working too.

https://old.ghielectronics.com/docs/20/usb-client#102

Running with debug I see this but could be a false error as the USB is connected at the time the call is made.

A first chance exception of type ‘System.ArgumentException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb.dll
An unhandled exception of type ‘System.ArgumentException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb.dll

Are you using the usb client interface? Did you change the debugging option from USB to COM1 first right.

I can’t see any way to do that as there is no PIN for this. I did find a post from years ago saying that I would need to use a special firmware to do this. :frowning:

I think that it did require a different firmware. My Bee fell out of use a long time ago because of limitations.