Straight from heaven, a 1GHz Linux computer that fits in your pocket!

Well, after a week of conversing with mouser, I’m going to try again, this time as a direct shipment. We’ll see how that goes.

@Mr_John_Smith do you have no facebook account where you could post your diary? :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Nah, I wouldn’t do that to Isabella (mouser rep).

EDIT: Looks like they cancelled the order again.

So, I have gotten an email from Newark, saying that they can definitely sell me (for export) the original beagle bone black. Newark apears to have a lot of BBone variants and capes.

Do you GHI guys think that you will add Newark (element14) to your list of distributors in the near future? (i.e. before the end of the year).

You should be able to get the Black from Mouser, Arrow or Digi-Key without issue. If you have tried and have an issue, let us know which distributor you couldn’t order from.

Newark has their own manufacturing arm and would not need to buy from us.

So now Newark has it, and they can’t sell it to me because I have a non US credit card. #EpicFail

send me your address and I’ll try ordering one for you

Email @Gary_Beaver directly and we will see what we can do for you

Can you eleborate on the 2 PRUs? Are there 2 seperate MCUs running alongside the 1GHz processor?

Correct. There is a tech talk I did with more details of you want to see it.

Thanks! Well I would say I was sold after watching that Tech Talk, but I had already placed my order :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not certain, something may or may not show up in the near future. I can neither confirm nor deny any possible shipments of products.

2 Likes

Hi,
in the last weeks I spent some time to explore the BeagleBone PRU System. I think that the PRUs are a fascinating feature of the BeagleBone family.
Here is a link on my adaption to the latest Debian version of an example demonstrating conversation between the PRUs and the linux User space using the RPMsg functionality.
This example works with the last Debian release 4.4.91-ti-r133 from 5. Oct. 2017.

Here is a list of valuable links if you want to get familiar with the PRU system. However the examples sometimes do not work out of the box with the actual Debian distritution.
-PRU programming with Debian Stretch BeagleBoard.org IoT 2017-06-11 image · GitHub
[FAQ] Where did the "PRU Training: Hands-on Labs" Wiki go? - Processors forum - Processors - TI E2E support forums
PRU-SWPKG Software development kit (SDK) | TI.com
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/PRU-ICSS_Getting_Started_Guide
3.5. PRU-ICSS / PRU_ICSSG — Processor SDK Linux for AM335X Documentation
[FAQ] Where did the "RPMsg Quick Start Guide" Wiki go? - Processors forum - Processors - TI E2E support forums
GitHub - poopgiggle/pru-software-support-package: ti's pru software support package
EBC Exercise 30 PRU via remoteproc and RPMsg - eLinux.org
http://theduchy.ualr.edu/?p=996
pruadc1/PRUADC1.pdf at master · Greg-R/pruadc1 · GitHub
PRU tips: Understanding the BeagleBone's built-in microcontrollers

Regards
RoSchmi

5 Likes

Very fascinating stuff. Whats the reason for the “hacks” to be done, is it a non-standard feature? I was expecting it work seamlessly with the Beagleboard standard distribution…?

No “hacks” have to be done. The PRUs are a standard feature. However it’s like always, There are often some changes when a new firmware (Linux) distribution is introduced. I would start with a running example (my adaption is for the latest Linux distribution) and then evtl. adapt the older examples.

Aw a monkey, MUCH THANKS!!!

Google Photos

6 Likes